Sharm El Sheik, Egypt
In an effort to escape the stormy weather we were faced with in Cyprus, we spontaneously hopped on a plane to Sharm El Sheik. The weather was perfect. 30 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and ironically enough we felt really safe in Egypt despite all of the political uprise. We ended up on a vacation that was less than half the price it’s worth with perfect weather.
Health and fitness are a massive part of my life. I workout 5-6 days a week so naturally one thing I’m always faced with when travelling is how to stay active. Especially when travelling for work, it can be really difficult to make the time. At the end of the day though there is always time, even if it’s just 15 minutes at the start or end of your day. It doesn’t need to be a full hour workout, and actually it’s much more efficient to do short, high intensity bursts of exercise. I know how easy it is to make excuses and there will always be something better and more fun to do than working out, so it just depends how much you prioritize it. Anyone that knows me, knows that I’m a huge advocate of living a healthy, active lifestyle, so it’s really important when I travel that I maintain that.
With that being said, here are 5 exercise options you can do while on holiday either in your hotel room or a park.
1. Blogilates – these are amazing, 8-12 minute pilate workout videos that require NO equipment, just yourself and a mat (or a towel). They seriously get you sweating, and time goes by SO fast when you do them. Do 3-5 of these a day and you’re set! She even has a one month workout plan.
2. 10 pushups, 10 squats, 9 pushups, 9 squats…etc all the way to 1. This is amazing for fitness training, gets you sweating, and works the whole body. Depending how fast you are it should only take 7-10 minutes.
3. 1 minute wall sit (try 30 seconds on each leg if you’re feeling ambitious), 30 alternating jump lunges, 20 jump squats, 10 reverse lunges on each leg, 10 burpees, 1 minute plank, 1 minute side plank each side (repeat 3 times).
4. If you have access to a park – run to the park (allocate 10 mins each direction), 30 walking lunges x 4, 15 leap frogs x 4, 1 minute tricep dips (repeat 2 times)
5. An intense ab workout – 1 minute crunching your elbows to knees, 1 minute tapping your ankles side to side, 1 minute leg raises or reverse crunches (3 times)